Accessibility statement last updated December 26th, 2022
At Wholehearted Production Co., we’re continuing to educate ourselves on how to make the web more accessible. We understand that it’s necessary to make the internet an accessible space for people to connect with each other and to find information with ease. We stand by the idea that websites have to be accessible in order to be successful. Our goal is to meet WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards. We continue to measure our site by performing manual audits and by using accessibility testing tools recommended by W3.
Tools We’re Using
Our Commitment To Learning
We Are Currently Working On
- Educating ourselves on Level AA WCAG 2.1 standards
- Earning IAAP Continuing Education Credits to maintain Jordan Rawlings’ CPACC certification
We understand that our website has areas of improvement.
What We’re Working On Improving:
- Adding alt text on all images and graphics
- Creating consistent navigable elements on pages
- Making sure our copy is clear and concise
At WPC, we acknowledge that transcripts and captions are a crucial tool for equitable access to podcasts and many other media forms. Equitable access to creating and experiencing arts is thusly crucial to WPC’s mission: to use our platform to hold space for all those facing societal and cultural oppression in our exploration of art, mental health, and love in all its forms.
We acknowledge that our transcript process has room for improvement in terms of both speed and wider access, and are always open to feedback.
Here is our process for generating and sharing transcripts for episodes of Or, Learn Parkour:
- When we upload the audio files to our host, Buzzsprout, we use their integration with Temi to generate an initial transcript.
- We receive an email notification when that transcript is completed. We then share it with MP Language Solutions, who correct the transcript.
- Once we receive the finished transcript (turnaround time is usually around 1 week), we upload it to this site. All existing transcripts can be found in our News section here: https://wearewpc.com/blog/
New transcripts are uploaded as soon as we receive them, which should be no more than two weeks after the episode’s initial publish date. Due to an unexpected switch between service providers, episodes 37, 27, 15, 13, 12, 5, and 3 are currently missing transcripts. These are currently in process and will be uploaded as soon as possible.
We Welcome Your Feedback
If you find a problem with our site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the issue and we will respond within two business days.
For immediate assistance navigating the site, please call us at (312) 625-3760 and we’ll be happy to help.